Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Cuff!

I thought I might as well post a brief update about what I've been up to, and that's mainly been my 18th century linen riding habit. Last night I finished the first cuff--excepting the buttons which are just sitting on it.   It's the mariner's cuff from Fashion in Detail from the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries and it was loads of fun to make. Easy too, and once I catch my breath (Under the Redcoat is two weeks from today!) I'll be sure to share how it's done, along with lots more about how I made my habit. 



Mariner's Cuff

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! As soon as I saw it I recognized it from the V&A book, then read your description and was thrilled. You're going to ROCK this habit, like you do all other costumes. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shape and the color combination! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I love the shape of the cuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!!! I want one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much!

    The habit is almost done--it just needs pocket flaps, decorations, a hook and eye and facing. Much less than it sounds typed out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool cuffs! I saw pics and didn't realize they were vertical--makes so much more sense this way! Can't wait to see the finished riding habit.

    Thanks for adding me to your blogroll :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So for the cuffed version of this, would you just ignore the cuff and do it exactly in the same way as you did above?

    ReplyDelete